The purpose of this interactive webinar is to provide more awareness and knowledge of mental health disorders with the highest mortality rate. While Anorexia Nervosa (AN) holds the highest mortality rate of any eating disorder and any other mental illness it has gotten less attention than other disorders such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD, which typically co-exist with AN.
Those attending this webinar will gain insight on how destructive Anorexia Nervosa is and what is essential for clinicians to know to help guide patient’s through treatment and recovery as well as understand all the barriers they may face along the way.
- Provide an overview of anorexia nervosa (AN).
- Discuss how anorexia nervosa continues to remain the mental illness with the highest mortality rate.
- Describe and identify some of the “secrets” of anorexia nervous and how to not miss them as a clinician.
- Suggest treatment options and the importance of establishing a collaborative team approach.
- Identify the barriers of treatment that exist from a patient’s desire to attend to treatment barriers.
- Give the resources to provide professionals the ability to network and provide a referral when faced with patients beyond one’s scope of practice or needing additional supports.
Jennifer Burgin, LCSW, LCAS
Jennifer Burgin, LCSW, LCAS, CEDS, CIEC, is a highly trained and specialized clinician with a passion for helping individuals struggling with eating disorders and addiction. She holds multiple certifications and licensures in her field, including being a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist and a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. Jennifer's commitment to the field of social work began at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, where she completed honors work in eating disorder research as part of her Bachelor's Degree in Social Work. She then earned her Master's in Social Work degree and a graduate certificate in Substance Abuse Counseling from East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. With over a decade of experience in the field, Jennifer has worked in various treatment centers and developed her own specialized private practice in 2017. She also provides telehealth services and holds licenses in 10 states to ensure that individuals in rural areas have access to care.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01