Do you often get clients who attend one session and then never return? Establishing rapport and setting goals for treatment early is vitally important for work to unfold.
This workshop will show you how to use the ACT Matrix to conduct intake sessions that leave your clients eager to start their journey toward a vibrant, connected life. You will learn how to structure effective intake sessions (whether you use an Acceptance & Commitment Therapy approach or not); how to introduce integral behavior change concepts in language any client can understand, and how to build a collaborative treatment plan with your clients.
This training is perfect for any clinician looking to supercharge their intake sessions. Specific attention will be paid to relevant and practical wording and expressions used so that you can take what you’ve learned and put it into immediate practice.
- Conduct Consistent Intake Sessions Using The ACT Matrix.
- Develop Collaborative Treatment Goals with the Client.
- Explain Common Behavioral Change Principles to Clients Without the use of Jargon.
Jacob Martinez, LPC, ACT
Jacob Martinez is a licensed professional counselor and expert in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT). He has presented nationally on the topics of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, psychological flexibility, and mindfulness. Jacob specializes in using the ACT Matrix, a graphical user interface for analyzing human behavior, and in creating novel ACT interventions. His goal is to help clinicians become fluent in ACT and to be able to think outside the books/box. Jacob is an active member of the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS), and served as the president of the Texas Chapter of ACBS from 2017-2018. He regularly offers training and consultations to professionals interested in ACT, and is always glad to answer questions and provide resources to clinicians to help them become the best they can be. He currently works in private practice in Kenosha, Wisconsin. When he is not thinking about ACT, Jacob is an avid Texas-style BBQ-er and brisket smoker.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01