A presentation that highlights prevalent trends in the understanding/management of trauma in situations of PTSD, severe depression, etc. Highlights certain texts, as well as articles surrounding more effective ways to understand trauma, as well as aid clients through their overall management of trauma.
- Explain the relevant knowledge surrounding statistics surrounding trauma.
- Show insight into evidenced-based approaches regarding effective ways to manage and treat depression within the counseling setting.
- Compare treatment modalities that are commonly used in the treatment of trauma.
- Discuss the feedback regarding the neurobiological effects of trauma.
- Assess trends between trauma, mental health, and substance use.
- Discuss the challenging development of new attitudes as they relate to the rediscovery of trauma.
- Acquire knowledge from leading practitioners in the fields of trauma.
Corey Pitts, LCMHC, LCAS
Corey Pitts is a highly accomplished Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) and Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist (LCAS) based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. He is currently employed by UNC Health Care’s Alcohol and Substance Abuse Program, where he is known for his exceptional patient-centered approach and clinical expertise. With a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Lenoir Rhyne University, Corey has dedicated his career to helping individuals who are struggling with co-occurring disorders and substance abuse difficulties. He has a particular interest in the impact of substance abuse on communities and is deeply committed to finding ways to alleviate this burden. One of Corey's particular areas of expertise is Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT). As part of his work in this area, he provides both individual and group counseling to a caseload of 50+ clients, as well as offering psych assessments, case management, and relapse prevention strategies. His approach to counseling is highly eclectic, drawing on a range of theoretical frameworks, including Jungian Psychoanalysis, Glasser’s Reality Therapy/Choice Theory, and Motivational Interviewing. In addition to his work with UNC Health Care, Corey is a passionate advocate for mental health and addiction issues. He is frequently called upon to speak at conferences and events, where he shares his expertise and insights with other professionals in the field.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01