This “How-To” course will enable you to begin to provide legal, ethical, and HIPAA-compliant video services in response to the Covid-19 pandemic within one day. This “essentials” course will show you the routines to create that make these patient-home video sessions legal, ethical, and HIPAA-compliant. Worksheets and presentation slides will be provided.
- Discuss the documentation and preparation steps needed to begin legal, ethical, and HIPAA-compliant Telemental Health (video) services.
- Explain the operational routines needed to meet the legal and ethical requirements for providing Telemental Health services.
- Identify the difference between software vendor HIPAA-Hype and HIPAA-Compliance.
Jay Ostrowski, MA, NCC, LPC-S, ACS, BC-TMH
Jay Ostrowski, MA, NCC, LPC-S, ACS, BC-TMH, is an expert in the rapidly expanding field of telebehavioral health and tele-supervision. As the CEO of Behavioral Health Innovation, he has dedicated himself to helping companies establish and implement telebehavioral health and tele-supervision programs, working closely with organizations such as SAMHSA, HRSA, universities, state governments, and healthcare organizations to advance the field. Jay's extensive knowledge and expertise have been instrumental in the development of the Telebehavioral Center of Excellence for the University of Virginia, where he serves as the founder and creator. He is also the creator of the Board Certification in Telemental Health, which provides critical credentialing for healthcare providers practicing in this dynamic and rapidly evolving field. Jay's pioneering efforts extend beyond training and certification programs to the development of peer-reviewed courses and telehealth software platforms. He has designed and developed 12 such platforms to date, and his courses provide critical guidance and knowledge to professionals seeking to provide effective telebehavioral healthcare services. As a research partner with Harvard Medical School, Jay is at the forefront of the ever-changing state license requirements for eight healthcare professions across all U.S. states and DC. He serves as the go-to person for the Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center for Telemental Health and Telebehavioral Health training and consultations, providing vital guidance to individuals and organizations seeking to stay at the forefront of the rapidly advancing field of telebehavioral health. Connect with Jay Ostrowski on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on his latest work and insights.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01