This interactive webinar will focus on body dysmorphic disorder/body dysmorphia from assessment, through the challenges, and into treatment successes. This course will help us identify body dysmorphia in regards to its epidemiology, clinical features, comorbidity, its impact psychologically, treatment options, and case studies. This course will also identify and discuss how this disorder evolved over time with all sexes impacted rather than “a woman’s issue” and how technology, social media, and society places pressure on “keeping up appearances.”
- Identify the diagnostic criteria and clinical features of body dysmorphic disorder.
- Identify the co-existing disorders that are prevalent in body dysmorphia.
- Discuss the treatment and treatment options to address and overcome body dysmorphia.
- Discuss case studies and navigating through options to address and overcome body/body image issues
- Identify the barriers that exist in the treatment.
State Board Approval
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 50
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes