Date of Event
Thursday, October 20, 2022, from 6:30-8:30 PM EST
The Internet has created a false sense of anonymity and ease of sharing information that has fueled cyberbullying. These acts include spreading rumors, sending threats or hurtful comments, or sharing compromising videos or pictures of the victim can directly affect our client’s mental health. In the cyber world, a bully doesn’t have to be stronger or bigger, the power lies in their typed words or the information or picture in their possession.
In this two-hour course, we will identify what cyberbullying is and the scope of this issue. We will examine what causes a client to turn to bully online or what makes a client vulnerable to cyberbullying. After processing several therapeutic interventions during this course, you will be more prepared to provide therapy for clients who are cyberbullies or are being cyberbullied.
- Discuss the unique characteristics of cyberbullying and how it differs from offline bullying.
- Identify the warning signs of cyberbullying.
- Discuss the mental health effects caused by cyberbullying.
- Explain effective treatments and therapeutic techniques to help clients struggling with cyberbullying.
State Board Approval
- ADACBGA #19-12-17-1212
- CSWMFT #50-29024
- FCB #5387-A
- Florida Health #50-33336
- OBLADC #20220136
- OCDP Board Provider #50-29024
- SCLLR #4610
- VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01
For FL & OH we do report your CE to the CE Broker.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes