Discovering Responsible Therapy
This workshop focuses on a therapeutic paradigm developed by Dr. Stephen Mathis that combines key elements of the various cognitive and cognitive-behavioral schools of thought (e.g., CBT, DBT, REBT), Adlerian Therapy constructs (i.e., natural and logical consequences, who owns the problem, mistaken goals), and Glasser’s Reality Therapy concepts (e.g., never give up, is what the client is doing really accomplishing his/her goals). Key aspects of this approach will be introduced, along with some examples of how to apply it with clients.
- State the core aspects from Adlerian, Reality, and Cognitive-Behavioral approaches that are utilized in this treatment paradigm and understand why they are used.
- State the basic aspects of this treatment approach.
- List the type of patients with which this approach is deemed most appropriatE.
- Identify potential clients for whom this approach is not a good fit.
- Describe how to apply this approach with co-occurring disorders.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 16
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes