This interactive webinar will provide training on disordered eating or eating disorders in children. Parentings/parents also play a large role in children with eating issues or patterns that can be a form of disordered eating; However, many of the questions that surface in working with parents and children will be answered and discussed in this training. Topics will include children’s and parent’s perspectives and how family rules around the dinner table shape eating habits and routines beyond childhood. Additional topics of focus will be signs of eating disorder/disordered eating development, how when to be concerned it is more than a childhood eating issue, and how focusing on building self–esteem and body image positivity as a family unit can help reduce unhealthy relationships with food and worse, a fully developed eating disorder.
- Define the types of eating disorders that develop in children/childhood.
- Define and discuss parent concerns of childhood obesity, overeating, picky eating, rewarding with foods, etc.
- Identify behavior patterns that are likely to generate issues with eating habits, self-esteem, and body image concerns in children.
- Explain how family/parent roles and behavior patterns can influence children to develop disordered eating habits.
- Discuss new options to help parents and families reduce food rules and behavior patterns that can reduce eating disorder development.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes