Tuesday, August 9, 2022
4:00-6:00 PM Eastern Time
3:00-5:00 PM Central Time
2:00-4:00 PM Mountain Time
1:00-3:00 PM Pacific Time
12:00 PM-2:00 PM Alaska Time
11:00 AM-1:00 PM Hawaii Time
Expressive Arts Therapy is fairly new to the field of mental health counseling, having evolved in the late 1970s and recognized now as an important area of concentration for Mental Health Professionals.
This course is designed for therapists of all disciplines who are interested in using a creative approach to working with patients’ problems and desiring some additional information or training in this modality. It is also helpful for those with some experience in using the Expressive Arts in a therapeutic setting to gain more confidence and insight into the benefits of this modality with patients.
Express Yourself!© is a training with both didactic and interactive components. Attendees will receive theoretical orientation, instruction, and suggestions for use in the counseling setting. Additionally, attendees will experience for themselves the insights and benefits of Expressive Arts Therapy through exercises demonstrated during the seminar.
Express Yourself!© will incorporate several of the interdisciplinary, intermodal activities usually associated with Expressive Arts Therapy: movement, drawing, writing, music, as well as case study.
- Define and understand Expressive Arts Therapy and its components of self-awareness, self-compassion, and self-care.
- Discuss the philosophical principles and clinical theory of Phenomenology in Expressive Arts Therapy.
- Review recent research of neuroplasticity and how Expressive Therapies address functional problems of the traumatized brain.
- Explore activities employing low skill/high sensitivity which encourage patient cooperation with the treatment protocol and improve problem-solving skills.
- Experience first-hand several Expressive Arts Exercises which can be readily translated to the therapy session.
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
The Meeting Link Will Be Sent To Your Email
Attend The Live Webinar
Complete Course Evaluation
Receive Your CE Certificate via Email (within 24 Hours)
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes