The evidence-Based Protective Interventions’ Prevention Model is an evidence-based alternative to the more restrictive/restraint-based interventions in managing escalating or crisis situations. As a replacement to what was formally North Carolina Interventions (NCI), the program is approved for meeting NC mandating requirements regarding provider agency licensing and may meet the requirements of other states (check with your state agency licensing department). Using a combination of the most effective non-physical intervention techniques drawn from cognitive-behavioral, systemic, and anger & anxiety management perspectives, EBPI Prevention Model is designed to help anticipate and effectively manage individual and agency-based interventions. Pre-course exercises, reading links, and a post-test will be forwarded via email once you enroll. Appropriate for Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, and other Mental Health Providers, EBPI helps keep the clinician, client, and provider agency safe and secure in our increasingly dynamic clinical environments.
- Provide a structural overview of how to identify and effectively respond to potentially escalating behavior in ourselves or clients.
- Identify sources of anxiety, anger, impulsivity from various therapeutic perspectives.
- Anticipate common issues or environmental conditions that may provoke or lessen the probability of escalating behavior.
- Formulate a personal and agency response plan to escalating or crisis situations.
- Ensure that the overall safety of clients and staff is maintained and considered of the highest priority.
Target Audience: Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, Licensed Professional Counselors, & LMFT
Content level: Beginner to intermediate to advanced
2 CE hour credits approved by ASWB, NAADAC & NBCC
State Board Approval
ADACBGA # 19-12-17-1212
FCB # 5387-A
OCDP Board Sponsor # 50-29024
CE Broker Tracking # 50-29024
VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01
It is easy to get your CE’s
- Meeting Link will be sent via Email (will be sent when it gets closer to the Time)
- Attend the Live Session
- Receive the Certificate via Email (within 24 hours)
- We Report the Live CE’s to the CE Broker (FL & OH)
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 232
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes