Date & Time of Event: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, from 4:00-6:00 PM Eastern Time
Over two decades the idea of trauma-informed services grew to define an approach to mental health and substance use disorder treatment that recognizes the prevalence and impact of adverse experiences in client and workforce groups. However, clinical supervisors often lack the training to support supervisees activated by their clients' experiences. In this session, participants will apply a trauma-informed approach to clinical supervision.
- Discuss the prevalence of psychological trauma in the behavioral health workforce.
- Recognize the impact of the 4 Rs on clients and service providers.
- Take away three tools for improving supervisees' responses to emotional hijacking.
- Determine places to implement trauma-informed practices into daily clinical supervision
Target Audience: Licensed Professional Counselors, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, & LMFT
Content Level: Beginner to Intermediate
2 CE Hour Credits Approved By: NAADAC, ASWB, & NBCC
State Board Approval
- ADACBGA #19-12-17-1212
- CSWMFT #50-29024
- FCB #5387-A
- FLORIDA MENTAL HEALTH
- OBLADC #20220136
- OCDP Board Provider #50-29024
- SCLLR #4610
- VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes