Date of Event
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
6:30-8:30- PM Eastern Time
5:30-7:30 PM Central Time
The course will provide clinicians with the knowledge to make accurate DSM-5-TR Substance Use Disorder and gambling disorder diagnoses based on updated criteria, severity, and specifiers. Vignettes are utilized as for example cases for considering application and clarification.
Over 50 coding updates for substance intoxication and withdrawal disorders. Plus, the criteria for “substance/medication-induced bipolar and related disorder” in the new DSM-5-TR section on Substance-related & Addictive Disorders will be discussed so that clinicians can understand and apply the changes.
- Explain criteria for making accurate substance use disorder and gambling disorder diagnoses.
- Distinguish four areas that influence the 11 identified criteria in diagnosing a substance use disorder.
- Describe the proper application of severity levels and specifiers.
- Determine updated coding and recording procedures.
- Analyze vignettes as example cases for making accurate diagnoses.
Target Audience: Licensed Professional Counselors, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, & LMFT
Content Level: Beginner to Intermediate
2 CE Hour Credits Approved By: NAADAC, ASWB, & NBCC
State Board Approval
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 35
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes