Thursday, February 10, 2022
5:00-7:00 PM Eastern Time
4:00-6:00 PM Central Time
3:00-5:00 PM Mountain Time
2:00-4:00 PM Pacific Time
1:00-3:00 PM Alaska Time
12:00-2:00 PM Hawaii Time
The presentation, Motivational Interviewing (MI) for Substance Use Disorders, will begin by explaining the four elements of Motivational Interviewing “spirit”: Acceptance, Collaboration, Evocation, and Compassion. The “four processes” of MI will be defined. Attendees will learn about the role of open questions, affirmations, reflections, and summaries in MI and will view a demonstration. “Change talk” and “sustain talk” will be described and examples will be provided. The “elicit-provide-elicit” model for information exchange will be demonstrated and ways to include this exchange in the treatment of substance use disorders will be discussed.
- Explain the four elements of Motivational Interviewing (MI) “spirit”
- Define Miller and Rollnick’s “four processes” of MI.
- Demonstrate “OARS” skills.
- Describe “change talk” and “sustain talk”
- Demonstrate the “elicit-provide-elicit” model for information exchange as it applies to the assessment and treatment of substance use disorders.
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
The Meeting Link Will Be Sent To Your Email
Attend The Live Webinar
Complete Course Evaluation
Receive Your CE Certificate via Email (within 24 Hours)
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 24
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
The course evaluation must be completed after the live session.