Tuesday, February 8, 2022
6:30-8:30 PM Eastern Time
5:30-7:30 PM Central Time
4:30-6:30 PM Mountain Time
5:30-7:30 PM Pacific Time
3:30 PM-5:30 PM Alaska Time
2:30 PM-4:30 PM Hawaii Time
Evidence-Based Protective Interventions (EBPI) is a comprehensive training model that offers two and four two-hour training webinars. This two-hour training includes supplementary materials and serves as a general overview/review of fundamental intervention techniques, coupled with an emphasis on the unique and changing needs of your clinical environment (whether you work in an individual practice or group/organizational environment). Additionally, this training is approved by the State of North Carolina for annual renewal certification requirements, if applicable to you.
EBPI Prevention is an evidence-based alternative to the more restrictive/restraint-based interventions in managing escalating situations. As a replacement to North Carolina Interventions (NCI), the program is approved by the State of North Carolina for mandated organizational requirements and may meet the requirements of other states. Using a combination of the most effective non-physical intervention techniques drawn from Cognitive-Behavioral, Systemic, and Anger/Anxiety Management perspectives, EBPI is designed to help anticipate and apply individual and agency-based interventions.
Appropriate for Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, and other Mental Health Professionals, EBPI Preventions helps keep the clinician, client, and organization safe and secure in our increasingly dynamic and risky clinical environments.
- Review the overall structural overview of how to identify and effectively respond to potentially escalating behavior in ourselves or clients.
- Identify sources of anxiety, anger, impulsivity from various therapeutic perspectives that may have occurred within the preceding year.
- Anticipate common issues or environmental conditions that may provoke or lessen the probability of escalating behavior.
- Formulate a personal and agency response plan to escalating or crisis situations.
- Ensure that the overall safety of clients and staff is maintained and considered of the highest priority.
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 45
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes