Whether you want to or not, getting in contact with clients who have personality disorders is highly probable.
And clients who meet the DSM criteria for a Cluster B Personality Disorder can be the most challenging clients on your caseload to treat.
Cluster B Personality Disorders are characterized by dramatic, overly emotional, & unpredictable behavior and thinking. And these disorders disrupt not only the lives of those affected but also their friends & family members.
In this interactive live webinar Ellen Biros, LCSW, will present an integrated approach to dealing with these challenging types of clients. You’ll leave with practical strategies that you can use in your clinical setting immediately, more confidence to improve productivity & progress in sessions, and to overcome the biggest obstacles to successful treatment outcomes.
- List and summarize the essential characteristics of each of the personality disorders in the DSM-5
- Assess the treatability and prognosis of each disorder
- Evaluate the efficacy of various treatment methods.
- Describe ways to manage suicidality, violence, and self-mutilating behavior.
- Outline case conceptualization skills useful for individualizing treatment planning and driving effective treatment.
Licensed Professional Counselors, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, & LMFT
Beginner to Intermediate
2 CE Hour Credits Approved By:
NAADAC, ASWB, & NBCC
State Board Approval
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 20
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self