Schizophrenia, “Living in the Shadow of Who I AM”
The etiology of Schizophrenia has been and continues to be perplexing and debatable despite tremendous strides in research findings. This interactive webinar will provide an in-depth overview of the Schizophrenic Spectrum as a historical reference in order to understand current DSM-5, Cluster A criteria for making an accurate diagnosis.
This webinar will also provide specific examples of the criteria for the Schizophrenic Subgroups with comprehensive detail of identifiable symptoms and neurobiological, environmental and familial influences. Participants will expand their understanding of the complexity of the Schizophrenic Spectrum and subgroups and the challenges in making an accurate diagnosis. It will provide participants with the recommended psycho-pharmacological treatment regimens and their expected outcomes with authentic art illustrations reflecting the cognitive deterioration of Schizophrenia brain.
- Discuss how to make a conclusive and accurate diagnosis according to the most recent research data.
- Identify behavioral and cognitive markers to determine the most accurate diagnosis.
- Distinguish between Schizophrenia and Schizophrenic Subgroups.
- Recognize treatment limitations when working with individuals within the Schizophrenic Spectrum.
- Determine the most effective treatment modality to use when working with a client in the DSM-5, Cluster A category.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 33
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes