Thursday, February 17, 2022
3:30-5:30 PM Eastern Time
2:30-4:30 PM Central Time
1:30-3:30 PM Mountain Time
12:30-2:30 PM Pacific Time
11:30 AM-1:30 PM Alaska Time
10:30 AM-1:30 PM Hawaii Time
This course will focus on the basics of screening, assessment, and the fundamentals of treating sex addiction. Starting with various ways to open up the therapeutic engagement to effectively discuss sexual issues, outlining the various screening questions, tests, and techniques that are available, to then the diagnostic criteria, and ending with guidelines for successful treatment guidance and referral options.
Ideal for all clinicians who understand the prevalence of sex addiction in our substance abuse and mental health populations, but are unsure or uncomfortable with the ways to engage and effectively intervene with sex addiction in their clinical setting.
- Identify the spectrum of healthy versus unhealthy sexual patterns of behavior.
- Develop various clinical avenues to open up an exploration of our client’s sexual history and practices…without creating transference/counter-transference issues or other complications.
- Discuss the assessment tools and clinical diagnostic criteria for sex addiction.
- Explain the differences and similarities of sex with other addictions, and assess for comorbidity.
- Explain how to treat sex addiction, understanding the various treatment options, and knowing when and/how to effectively refer, when appropriate.
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
The Meeting Link Will Be Sent To Your Email
Attend The Live Webinar
Complete Course Evaluation
Receive Your CE Certificate via Email (within 24 Hours)
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 5
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
The course evaluation must be completed at the end of the live session.