Healing Sexual Trauma: Spiritual Psychological Approach
Sexual trauma is more rampant than we ever imagined. This epidemic has created silence and anxiety in even the most “powerful” women (and men) in our culture and enhanced the shame, guilt, and unworthiness in the victims that have survived this kind of trauma. The good news is that the silence is breaking, perpetrators are being held accountable and there is a strong movement towards wholeness, healing, and respect for those who have been victimized. In this training, participants will more deeply understand the “inner split” created by sexual trauma and learn spiritual/psychological approaches to help heal this split-once and for all. How to help your clients move from the victim stage to an empowerment model will also be covered.
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the Split associated with sexual trauma and tools for integration.
- Develop a basic understanding of the trauma vortex.
- Discuss the introduction to psycho-spiritual tools that help clients move out of the trauma vortex.
- Describe the movement from the victim stage to the empowerment stage for healing.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 79
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes