Social Distancing Syndrome
This interactive webinar will focus on how social distancing generated at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and how it continues to impact our lives, our patient’s life, and how we all act and react in the new world COVID-19 has presented us with. This course will help us identify the changes and challenges that social distancing has presented us with and it will explore the mental health concerns that have been increasing due to social distancing. Areas and topics of interest will include the following; Suicide rates, loneliness, boredom, depression, substance use, marital/divorce issues, and many more that surface presently and through the summer leading up to this webinar. This course will also identify and discuss how to help patients “make sense of it all” and replace hopelessness and fear with hopefulness and resilience.
- Discuss how social distancing has changed the mental health world for patients and providers.
- Discuss the impact social distancing has had on our mental health.
- Describe and identify the issues that social distancing presents to include: Depression, Suicide, Substance Use, etc.
- Identify the barriers of treatment that exist due to social distancing.
- Provide options to help providers and patients to reduce the impact of social distancing
- Discuss the need for optimism, resiliency, and hope during a pandemic.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes