We have ample evidence that trauma from childhood experiences, chronic pain, and opioid misuse often co-occur. Each of these conditions has a negative impact on the others, causing distress and impairment to the people we serve. It starts to look like a tangled web that leads to frustration for us and for our clients. Finally, we have treatment tools that work. We can clarify our goals and use effective tools that will lead to a better quality of life for our clients. In this training, you will learn how to best treat trauma, chronic pain, and opioid misuse. You’ll be armed with practical and effective tools. You’ll be able to apply the evidence-supported approaches that will bring relief to your clients.
- Describe the impact of trauma on pain and opioid use.
- Apply their understanding of central sensitization in their treatment of those in pain.
- Implement evidence-based tools to improve the quality of life for clients.
- Utilize current research on opioid medications to inform their treatment.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours each session total of 4 CE
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 25
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes