Tuesday, October 25, 2022
4:00-6:00 PM Eastern Time
3:00-5:00 PM Central Time
2:00-4:00 PM Mountain Time
1:00-3:00 PM Pacific Time
12:00-2:00 PM Alaska Time
11:00 AM-1:00 PM Hawaii Time
Until recent times, Intergenerational trauma (also known as transgenerational or multigenerational trauma) has been an obscure concept with little attention being given to its lasting impact.
Intergenerational trauma is defined as trauma that is passed down from those who directly experience an incident to later generations and is sometimes strengthened within those generations. Many clinicians may view breaking this cycle as a daunting process, however, empowerment for clinicians and clients can occur with thorough knowledge.
In this presentation, participants looking to provide comprehensive trauma-informed care will benefit from learning the following objectives.
- Explain what constitutes intergenerational trauma and the demographic that it Affects.
- Identify and distinguish between Historical and Intergenerational traumas.
- Discuss the messages, behaviors, and mindsets that are passed down to reinforce intergenerational trauma.
- Assess how intergenerational trauma affects individuals and families.
- Demonstrate building block techniques with clients to help manage this trauma Type.
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
The Meeting Link Will Be Sent To Your Email
Attend The Live Webinar
Complete Course Evaluation
Receive Your CE Certificate via Email (within 24 Hours)
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 3
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes