Alcohol and Drug Use in Adolescence: Choices with Life changing Consequences
The course presents information regarding alcohol and drug use in adolescents to mental health clinicians in understanding effective strategies for preventing and treating substance use disorders with this population. Risk factors, symptoms of substance abuse, and interventions are addressed.
- Describe risk factors and why adolescents use substances.
- Recognize the symptoms of substance abuse in adolescents.
- Identify the substance use preferences of adolescents
- Discuss the specific health risks associated with adolescent use, specifically in the brain.
- Explain how will intervene with their children when there is substance abuse.
Target Audience: Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, & Licensed Professional Counselors
Content level: Beginner to intermediate
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 1009
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self