Central Principles & Functions of Clinical Supervision*
This webinar on the Central and Functions of Clinical Supervision aims to introduce the basic principles and functions that come with being a clinical supervisor. Those in attendance will get a grasp of the function played by Clinical Supervision in ensuring that appropriate skills and performance are geared towards providing patients with utmost care. Included in the session are certain skills that supervisors need to develop, how clinical supervision affects clinical programs, and the responsibility of supervisors in guarding and upholding the profession. A discussion on the direct observation methods will introduce participants to processes that will allow them to monitor certain skills to be developed, performance to be improved, and issues to be addressed to ensure quality care is provided. New supervisors and those new to how clinical supervision works will learn how to deal with the tasks that come with the role, and the important factors to consider. Effectively dealing with supervisee resistance will be discussed in this webinar. A list of key features of a good relationship in clinical supervision will also be noted to help participants develop a positive therapeutic alliance.
- Explain how Clinical Supervision enhances the quality of client care and welfare.
- Identify the importance of clinical supervision and how to provide effective supervision.
- Discuss how Clinical Supervision Increases workforce satisfaction, professionalization, and staff retention.
- Discuss how Clinical Supervision can ensure that services provided adhere to the Evidenced-based Practice Models.
- Give the importance of Direct Observation with methods that can be used effectively.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 1010
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self