DBT for the Treatment of Eating Disorders
This course will aim to increase clinical awareness of the diagnostic criteria associated with DSM-V eating disorders. Principals of DBT will be discussed and clinical application of DBT skills will be introduced for the treatment of Binge Eating Disorder, Anorexia Nervosa, and Bulimia Nervosa. Current research in the field of DBT and the treatment of eating disorders will be reviewed.
- Show an increased understanding of the diagnosis of Binge Eating Disorder, Anorexia Nervosa, and Bulimia Nervosa.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core principals of Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- Discuss the clinical resources for the treatment of eating disorders using DBT principles
- Develop an increased understanding of current research as it relates to DBT and the treatment of eating disorders.
2 CE hour credits approved by ASWB, NAADAC, & NBCC
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Skill level Beginner to Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 1000
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self