Evidenced Based Practices in Behavioral Health
Evidenced-Based Practices in Behavior Health will provide a working definition and benefits for use by therapists, social workers, and counselors. The webinar will present a brief history of the impetus of use in Behavior health and why research has developed practices that have proven to be an effective treatment for many disorders often presented by clients. We will look at the arguments for and against Evidenced Based Practices and survey some of the current treatment modalities in use today.
- Explain what is an Evidenced Based Practice.
- Describe where and how Evidence-Based Practices emerged.
- Discover why Evidenced-Based Practices moved into the mental health arena.
- Show how managed care influenced Evidence-Based treatment.
- Compare an understanding of arguments for and against using Evidence-Based Practice in treatment.
- Apply knowledge of current practices for some disorders that clinicians often see.
- Identify the efficacy of using Evidenced Based Practices and what might be beneficial their use.
Target Audience: Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, & Licensed Professional Counselors
Content level: Beginner to intermediate
2 CE hour credits approved by NAADAC & NBCC
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 1009
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
You May Like
Wednesday, April 14, 2021, at 6:30- 8:30 PM EST. 5:30-7:30 PM Central Time
Thursday, March 25, 2021, at 6:30 -8:30 PM EST. 5:30 PM-7:30 PM Central Time