The purpose of this Interactive Webinar is to discuss the historical background of the HIV Epidemic of the 1980’s and the stigma that perpetuated its inability to sustain human life and appreciate the tremendous progress we as a nation have made in understanding HIV/AIDS, resulting in new and innovative treatment regimens increasing the lifespan and quality of life of those who have contracted the virus. The information presented will also cover early and current regulations pertaining to HIV /AIDS disclosure within HIPPA Confidentiality Law, specific to treatment for individuals with a diagnosis or HIV or AIDS. This presentation will discuss the monumental changes in Legislation and current social, political and economic support provided for those infected as well as current medication regimens including the advantages and disadvantages of use. It will also provide behaviors that are considered to be at “high-risk” and of “lower-risk” as an educative preventative tool for your work with clients circumventing becoming infected due to lack of knowledge.
- Explain the cultural/ political stigma of the HIV epidemic in the 1980s and the tremendous progress we have made as a nation in reversing it.
- Identify, the progressive nature of HIV into AIDS and current treatment regimens.
- Illustrate why HIV is considered to be a “retrovirus” invading the DNA.
- Identify their role as a treatment provider to adhere to the HIPPA Confidentiality Regulations providing support and protection to clients.
- Differentiate between the stages of HIV into AIDS according to medical status and treatment compliance to prevent decompensation.
- Show support services and medication assistance for individuals with HIV/AIDS.
- History of HIV and Aids
- Focus of Treatment
- Facts of HIV
- Replication Process
- Testing Process
- Emotional and Psychological Effects
- Measuring the Progression
- Risk Factors
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
After Purchasing, Watch The Video Recording
Complete The Course Evaluation
Take The Quiz
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 1146
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes