The purpose of this presentation is to provide substantial information pertaining to the legalization of Marijuana. It will give a Historical review of the transition of “legal Cannabis” in the early 19thCentury until the Control Substance Act of 1970 when Cannabis became illegal and subjected to Federal Criminal penalties.
This presentation will also provide a concise description of the bio-physiological and neurological effects of Cannabis to the Human system and conclude with current Political, Economic, and Social pressures to legalize Cannabis. The goal of this presentation is not to dictate individual choices pertaining to the legalization of Cannabis, but to provide adequate information enabling an “educated decision” when making the choice to “Legalize or Not to Legalize Marijuana”…
- Explain the History of Marijuana’s Legalization in the early 19thCentury and its transition to being a Controlled Substance in 1970.
- Compare the chemical differences between Marijuana (THC) and Hemp (CBD).
- Describe the substance characteristics of Marijuana and Hemp that make them marketable and profitable.
- Explain the commercial justifications for the Legalization of Marijuana.
- Identify the commercial differences used in promoting Marijuana and CBD.
- Recognize the influences of commercialism and profit in advocating for legalization.
- Explain the Medical Use of Marijuana.
- Illustrate the effects of Marijuana on the Human Brain, the Endocrine System, Bio-Physiological, Psychological and Hormonal effects.
- Explain DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria and ICD-10 codes for Marijuana Use Disorder.
- Discuss research information to make an Educated decision about Legalizing or Not Legalizing Marijuana.
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
After Purchasing, Watch The Video Recording
Complete The Course Evaluation
Take The Quiz
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 1013
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes