Overview of the Cognitively-Based Therapies: Cognitive Therapy, CBT, REBT, & DBT
Many therapeutic modalities share aspects in common with each other. This is never more the case when looking at the various cognitively-based therapies that include Cognitive Therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Rational-Emotive Behavior Therapy, and Dialectic Behavior Therapy. In this workshop, an overview of these main types of cognitively-based therapy modalities will be introduced. Comparisons among and differences between these various paradigms will be briefly discussed, as well as the pros and cons of each in general, as well as when applied to various disorders.
- Describe the major cognitively-based therapeutic approaches.
- Discuss the brief history of the origins of each of the paradigms.
- List the major assumptions of each of the different paradigm.
- Explain the pros and cons in general of each therapy model.
- Identify which treatment approach(s) is/are considered maximally effective (and which is/are not) with a variety of various disorders.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 6
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self