Substance abuse is an area of concern in our nation, particularly with the opioid crisis still creating difficulties today. Although this crisis is receiving attention in popular media, one area is making a hasty resurgence within the world of addiction, particularly with methamphetamine. This training emphasis is not only to highlight the patterns of use particularly seen in medication-assisted treatment (MAT) but also in understanding the different treatment modalities needed to treat this particular use. Moreover, this training aims to highlight ways in which counselors place an impact within the world of MAT and substance abuse counseling.
- Identify the patterns of substance use being seen within certain substance abuse populations, such as MAT.
- Explain the literature and statistics surrounding the resurgence of stimulants.
- Distinguish the neurobiological connections between certain substances.
- Describe the treatment modalities that best serve substance use, particularly with stimulant use disorder.
- Establishing connections between substance use trends, as well as why stimulants are often used concurrently with opiates.
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
After Purchasing, Watch The Video Recording
Complete The Course Evaluation
Take The Quiz
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 55
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self