Do you pride yourself on being the kind of clinician who meets the client where they are? If so, then implementing Person-Centered Experiential Therapy (PCET) can be pivotal to your practice. Carl Rogers, the founder of Person-Centered Therapy, believed that the client was the expert in their experience of healing and posited that the role of the therapist was to promote unconditional positive regard in order to foster self-awareness. Additionally, Experiential Therapy deeper investigates the client’s past to help them become “unstuck” by processing the experiences of their past while planning for the freedom that the future holds.
When combined, Person-Centered Experiential Therapy possesses the capability of empowering both the clinician and the client in achieving the results that allow them to present their unhindered selves to the world.
In this presentation, we will uncover the expanding roles of the therapist and client while analyzing how nurturing the therapeutic relationship with this approach can promote long-term benefits.
- Recognize the tenets of both Person-Centered and Experiential Therapies for implementation.
- Discuss the efficacy of both therapeutic approaches and their historical implications.
- Describe the role of the therapist and client within the PCET.
- Determine the characteristics of a client’s best fit when utilizing this approach.
- Assist clients in taking a leadership role in their experiences to reduce the “bystander effect”.
- Demonstrate the therapeutic process using PCET in vivo.
- Explore similarities of PCET and principles of Positive Psychology for therapeutic development.
- Establish considerations for various cohorts including multicultural groups, substance use disorders, and trauma.
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
After Purchasing, Watch The Video Recording
Complete The Course Evaluation
Take The Quiz
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 1043
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self