Psychopharmacology Part Two
This CE workshop is designed to give attendees an overview of the complexities of the human brain and nervous system in regards to the various chemicals associated with moods and various psychological disorders, as well as the mechanisms whereby various medications and therapeutic applications operate in and on the brain to help ameliorate these conditions. In addition, how various substances and activities impact and are impacted by the brain’s neurochemistry is introduced. In this way, participants can expect to better understand the various challenges their clients face and match these untoward conditions with the appropriate therapeutic strategies that will positively impact the neurochemistry of the brain of the sufferer.
- Identify the main brain areas involved in peoples’ behaviors, thoughts, and feelings.
- Explain various brain centers and neurochemicals to the appropriate disorders.
- Describe the effects of various drugs of abuse on the parts of the brain and the resulting actions of various neurochemicals (that often lead to abuse).
- Describe the chemical methods to augment psychotherapy tactics to deal with the various disorders, with emphasis on co-occurring disorders, both with traditional psychopharmacology and more alternative/holistic methods.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 1006
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self