A training that highlights best practices as it relates to the core functions of screening, assessment, and intervention, with emphasis placed on the adolescent population. We will spend time focusing on understanding key components of what defines adolescence, family, as well as substance abuse within the lens of adolescent populations. We will also delve into aspects as to what defines screening/assessment, as well as portions associated with legal vs ethical requirements surrounding assessment.
- Discuss adolescence, family, and substance abuse.
- Discuss the surrounding definitions of screening, screening protocol, who provides screening, as well as ways in which to expand such definitions/practice.
- Give the key considerations within the scope of adolescent assessment protocol, including whom is a qualified assessor, assessment setting, content domains, written instructions/written report.
- Discuss the legal issues/key considerations within the scope of adolescence.
- List the types of interventions best suited for adolescent populations.
ADACBGA # 19-12-17-1212
OCDP Board Provider #50-29024
VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 6
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self