This webinar presents the historical attitudes towards women who consumed alcohol in the past, the societal attitude changes and progress that has been made in treating women, and the challenges of providing needed female-specific treatment today. The risk factors that contribute to alcohol use disorders among women and gender differences between men and women are addressed. Participants will learn about the dynamics that women face in recovery.
- Discuss the historical and Political attitudes towards Women who were consumers of Alcohol.
- Explain the social, economic, legal, and treatment consequences associated with Women that develop substance use disorders.
- Discuss the correlation between Trauma and dysfunctional Alcohol consumption in Women.
Target Audience: Licensed Professional Counselors, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, & LMFT
Content Level: Beginner to Intermediate
2 CE Hour Credits Approved By: NAADAC, ASWB, & NBCC
State Board Approval
- ADACBGA #19-12-17-1212
- CSWMFT #50-29024
- FCB #5387-A
- FLORIDA MENTAL HEALTH
- OBLADC #20220136
- OCDP Board Provider #50-29024
- SCLLR #4610
- VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 4
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self