The Impact of COVID-19 on Mental Health Practitioners and Patients
This interactive webinar will focus on how COVID-19 has transformed the mental health world. This course will help us identify the changes and challenges we now have to face and consider working in the mental health field at this time-critical time while also ensuring that us, ourselves ensure we maintain our self-care needs and not allow the worldwide pause in everything “once normal” to impact how we can help and serve others. This course will also identify and discuss the mixture of emotions we face in our profession and how to give ourselves “permission” to become more open and aware of what we can and cannot do to help- when we are in the “helping” profession.
- Discuss how COVID-19 changes the mental health world and how practice changes may become the new “normal” until further notice.
- Discuss how we can adjust as mental health providers to the new changes in our profession and how those we serve are impacted by those changes.
- Describe and identify some of the changes, reactions, and pros/cons of treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Identify the barriers of treatment that exist during this critical time of COVID-19.
- Provide patient and professional perspective on how to cope during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Discuss the essential need to maintain our self-care regimen and provide options to become more creative in those self-care regimens to ensure we maintain the balance needed to continue to help those that need us most, without limited our need to help ourselves through this as well.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1002
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self