The purpose of this presentation is to enlighten and educate Clinical Service Providers to be able to easily assess Pathological Manipulation and to understand its etiology, progressive course of development, and the therapeutic techniques that can be used to contain its destructiveness using Cognitive Behavioral Restructuring.
Participants will be provided with a comprehensive overview of Developmental Psychological Influences including Personality Development, Object –Relations Theory, and the significance of psychosocial interaction in developing Pathological Manipulation.
- Differentiate various theoretical bases for the development of Pathological Manipulation.
- Explain childhood‘s mental/emotional developmental phases significant to the development of Pathological Manipulation.
- Differentiate the various manipulative techniques used in Pathological Manipulation to “victimize”.
- Identify the spectrum of DSM-5, Cluster B, and differential representation of Pathological Manipulative techniques.
- Discuss the differences in “appropriate” manipulation and its progression into Pathological Manipulation.
- Describe treatment challenges when working with persons having Pathological Manipulation personality and therapist need for “self-protection”.
- Distinguish the differences in Pathological Manipulation with individuals with Borderline Personality Disorders.
- Distinguish the differences in Pathological Manipulation with individuals with Narcissistic Personality Disorders.
- Distinguish the differences in Pathological Manipulation with individuals with Anti-Social -Personality Disorders.
- Recognize the therapeutic needs and techniques to challenge individuals with Pathological Manipulation
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
After Purchasing, Watch The Video Recording
Complete The Course Evaluation
Take The Quiz
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 116
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes