Tobacco Use Disorders and Smoking Cessation: Understanding,Diagnosing and Treating Nicotine Dependence*
Tobacco use is the single most important cause of mortality and morbidity globally. It has been considered one of the strangest human behaviors, which is not necessary for the maintenance of life nor for the satisfaction of social, cultural, or spiritual needs. In spite of the known association of the major disease with tobacco, its continued use is an important public health issue.
- List the information & facts about Nicotine and Tobacco.
- Give an understanding of the effects of tobacco use: including its impact on SA recovery.
- Discuss the DSM-5 Criteria for Tobacco Use Disorders.
- Explain the tobacco cessation strategies.
- Be aware of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS)issues.
Target Audience: Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Counselors, Licensed Professional Counselors, & LMFT
Content level: Beginner to intermediate
3 CE hour credits approved by ASWB, NAADAC, & NBCC
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 5
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self