12 Core Functions: Case Management and Client Education*
Case Management is an activity that brings services, agencies, resources, or people together within a planned framework of action toward the achievement of established goals. It may involve liaison activities and collateral contacts. The Global Criteria to be discussed are as follows: Coordinate services for client care; Explain the rationale of case management activities to the client. Client Education is a provision of information to individuals and groups concerning alcohol and other drug abuse and the available services and resources. The Global Criteria to be discussed are as follows: Present relevant alcohol and other drug use/abuse information to the client through formal and/or informal processes; Present information about available alcohol and other drug services and resources.
- Describe the requirements of case management and client education.
- Explain the global criteria associated with the core functions of case management and client education.
- Identify models of case management.
- Discuss the process of implementing case management and education for clients.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 7
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self