Achieving Balance: Basic Concepts and Applications
Nature exists in a balanced continuum of such constructs as light and dark, fire and water, land and air, liquid and solid, etc. Humans, with their advanced prefrontal abilities, often forget that they, too, are a part of Nature and not separate from or immune from it. In a world where faster, bigger, better, richer, smarter, and similar topics seem to be emphasized in our society, the cost is often paid in terms of one’s existential being, familial life, emotional well-being, not “stopping to smell the roses”, and loss of living in the moment. This can also bleed in one’s professional work when dogmatic adherence to institutional concepts and “there’s only one way to rock” mentalities prevail at the expense of creatively applying empirically-validated therapeutic modalities to match one’s own personality and needs of one’s clients. This workshop is given to help participants take stock in their current scenarios and make changes to bring back the balance in their own lives while assisting those they treat to do likewise.
- Discover the origins of various ways of defining balance and how these drive the applications of this concept.
- Identify some areas in their own lives that could use some tweaking to achieve a more balanced existence.
- Apply new insights and tactics to various areas of their own lives.
- Use newly discovered awareness tactics to help clients identify areas in their own lives that could benefit from more balance.
- Show clients learned constructs and methods of achieving balance to apply them to various life areas and/or issues from which they are suffering.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Intermediate to Advanced
- Language English
- Students 8
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self