An Introduction to Tele Therapy*
In this two hour course you will learn how to begin the process of moving some of your clients to teletherapy. We will discuss some of the pros and cons to this type of delivery, as well as some of the ethical issues that may arise. We will determine whether there are any contraindications for teletherapy and when it may be beneficial. We will explore different resources for learning about teletherapy and software that may be helpful, as well as some of the research around what makes teletherapy effective. Finally, we will discuss legal and competency issues with regards to tele Therapy.
- Explore the ethical issues around offering therapy in an online format.
- Name some of the software that would be beneficial for online therapy and what standards it must meet in order to be appropriate.
- Discuss the efficacy of online therapy practices and identify when it would be useful to implement them.
- Determine which types of clients would benefit from online therapy and those that would be inappropriate.
- Identify additional resources to explore for more training and regulations around teletherapy
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 32
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes