Harm Reduction Associated with Drug Use and Drug Policies*
Harm reduction includes policies, programs, and practices that aim to keep people safe and minimize death, disease, and injury from high-risk behavior, especially substance use and abuse. Harm reduction recognizes that high-risk behavior may continue despite the risks. This presentation will review the past and present of the harm reduction movement both nationally and internationally and give examples of innovative programs from all over the world.
- Explain what, why, and how of harm reduction.
- Analyze the history of the harm reduction movement.
- Identify examples of harm reduction both in our communities and internationally.
- Review the legal and “ethical” issues in the harm reduction movement.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 5
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self