Marijuana & Vaping: Emerging Drug Trends in Today’s Youth, and What Caregivers Can Do About It*
Marijuana and Vaping are both growing in popularity and use among teens in the United States, showing no signs of slowing down with large industries supporting them. Both neurologically and socially, young people are at greater risk for addiction than adults. Even so, there are many ways that adults can help to lower the risk of addiction, within a family or an entire community. Attendees will learn about current youth drug trends (with an emphasis on marijuana and vaping), what to watch for to identify whether a young person is using, and best practices for reducing the risk of addiction.
- Discuss the mechanics of vaping, and why they have become popular among youth.
- Explain the risks of vaping, and how toxins are present that are not listed on ingredient lists.
- Identify the health risks of marijuana and the impact of industry-driven narratives on public perception.
- Discuss how caregivers can help prevent drug use and addiction.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to Intermediate to Advanced
- Language English
- Students 440
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self