New Approaches to Managing Trauma in Individual and Group Treatment for Substance Use*
A presentation that highlights prevalent trends in the understanding/management of trauma in situations of PTSD, severe depression, etc. Highlights certain texts, as well as articles surrounding more effective ways to understand trauma, as well as aid clients through their overall management of trauma.
- Explain the relevant knowledge surrounding statistics surrounding trauma.
- Show insight into evidenced-based approaches regarding effective ways to manage and treat depression within the counseling setting.
- Assess trends between trauma, mental health, and substance use.
- Discuss the challenging development of new attitudes as they relate to the rediscovery of trauma.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 11
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self