Nutritional Mental Health Management: A Holistic Approach Therapy Session Five
This workshop meets the educational requirement eligibility towards Certification
Despite living in one of the most technologically advanced and economically blessed countries in the world today, Americans have some of the worst dietary habits around. Most don’t do so out of arrogance, but out of a lack of accurate information concerning the foods that they put into their bodies on a regular basis. Although these professionals are aware of the mind-body connection, basic good nutritional principles are almost never taught in graduate schools…even at the doctoral level. This course is designed to remedy that situation for both professionals and laypersons for optimal mental and physical health.
- Distinguish between good and bad nutritional and lifestyle habits.
- Give examples of appropriate nutritional guidelines for various mental health concerns.
- Distinguish unhealthy from healthy ingredients in some of the most common foods.
- Select better alternative food choices for optimal health.
- Name some of the holistic alternatives that are contraindicated with persons on various medications.
- Explain better ways to their clients (and perhaps themselves!) cope with various mental health challenges.
Sessions & Topics
Session 1: Nutrition Basics
Session 2: Carbohydrates, Part I
Session 3: Carbohydrates, Part II: Sugar Sugar Everywhere!
Session 4: Fats
Session 5: Amino Acids and Proteins
Session 6: Vitamins, Herbs, Spices, and Phytochemicals
Session 7: Minerals and Trace Elements
Session 8: Fad Diets
Session 9: Nutritional Energy
Session 10: Activity and Nutrition
Session 11: Nutritional Labeling
Session 12: Neurological Aspects
Session 13: ADHD and Acting Out Disorders
Session 14: PTSD and Anxiety Disorders
Session 15: Depressive and Bipolar Disorders
Session 16: Psychotic and Personality Disorders
Session 17: Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders, Part I
Session 18: Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders, Part II: Alcohol and Nicotine
Session 19: Medications and Holistic Issues
Session 20: Cognitive and Aging Issues
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 7
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self