This course will focus on the basics of screening, assessment, and the fundamentals of treating sex addiction. Starting with various ways to open up the therapeutic engagement to effectively discussing sexual issues, outlining the various screening questions, tests, and techniques that are available, to then the diagnostic criteria, and ending with guidelines for successful treatment guidance and referral options. Ideal for all clinicians who understand the prevalence of sex addiction in our substance abuse and mental health populations, but are unsure or uncomfortable with the ways to engage and effectively intervene with sex addiction in their clinical setting.
- Identify the spectrum of healthy versus unhealthy sexual patterns of behavior.
- Develop various clinical avenues to open up an exploration of our client’s sexual history and practices…without creating transference/counter-transference issues or other complications.
- Discuss the assessment tools and clinical diagnostic criteria for sex addiction.
- Explain the differences and similarities of sex with other addictions, and assessing for comorbidity.
- Explain how to treat sex addiction, understanding the various treatment options, and knowing when and/how to effectively refer, when appropriate.
How Easy It Is!
Choose Course of Your Preference
After Purchasing, Watch The Video Recording
Complete The Course Evaluation
Take The Quiz
State Board Approval
"Providing Economical, Convenient, & Quality Education for Behavioral Health Professionals"
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 1010
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self