Spotting a Narcissistic Client: Diagnostic Considerations for Treatment*
One of the most challenging disorders to treat as a mental health clinician is Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Can we effectively recognize and treat a narcissist client if he or she walked into our office? Join Ellen Biros, MS, LCSW as she discusses the essential characteristics to look for when diagnosing and treating these evasive clients. Leave with reliable and practical skills to use in your daily practice.
- Assess for and identify Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
- Examine client symptom presentation and explain how to manage narcissistic symptomatology.
- Learn how to communicate more effectively with clients exhibiting narcissistic behaviors.
- Determine whether to manage or treat narcissism.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to intermediate
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self