Wednesday, January 3rd
1:00 PM EST – 4:15 PM EST
Although once thought of as a disorder of childhood, outgrown by most of its victims, ADHD in adults has had a prevalence of roughly 7% around the globe for centuries.
Adults with ADHD are 3-5 times more likely to die by midlife, 4 times more likely to commit suicide due to financial stress, and ADHD likely plays a role in all “lifestyle” chronic diseases
Due to a lack of training on the current scientific understanding of adult ADHD, how it presents differently from childhood ADHD, as well as vast amounts of misinformation and disinformation circulating in the media and beyond, clinicians do not have the knowledge, skills, or confidence to diagnose or treat this extremely disabling disorder.
In this presentation, Kelly Pickens, APNP, FNP-BC, ADC-C will arm you with up-to-date knowledge of, and compassion for, adult ADHD.
- Acknowledge any implicit bias, understand its origins, and develop a position of curiosity, compassion, and empathy towards ADHD
- Understand the prevalence, pathophysiology, and manifestations of Adult ADHD
- Understand the deficits in Executive Function, the serious impacts of ADHD, and how the deficits will affect any treatments you recommend
- Feel confident that you can diagnose and manage Adult ADHD
Kelly Pickens, APNP, FNP-BC, ADC-C, ADHD-CCSP has over 20 years of experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner and two certifications in ADHD. She has an unmatched understanding of the impacts of ADHD, its different presentations, potential physiologic factors — as well as traditional behavioral, pharmaceutical, and natural treatments. Kelly is an ADHD-Certified Clinical Services Provider and a Certified Attention Deficit Consultant. She has also been a Family Nurse Practitioner for 20+ years.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01