Healing from Codependency*
Someone who cannot function from their innate self and whose thinking and behavior is organized around another person, process, or substance. Codependency is not something you heal from and are forever done with, but you can enjoy yourself, your life, and your relationships. The key to overcoming codependency is relaxing and building a loving relationship with yourself. The term was first coined out of the Alcoholics Anonymous movement as part of the realization that part of the problem was not solely on the addict, but the ways the family and friends over helped and actually interfered with their recovery.
- Identify codependent traits and patterns in themselves and their clients.
- Show helpful interventions to use with clients and how codependency commingled with other disorders/issues.
- Explain that recovery is a day at a time and the tendencies slide back into old behaviors.
- Describe the benefits of a life free from codependency and how to help their clients achieve this more fully.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner to Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 148
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self