This session will review the core functions of intake and Orientation and their importance in the substance use disorder treatment process. In this session, the global criteria will be discussed. For intake discussion like as follows: Documents for admission to the program, documents for program eligibility and appropriateness. Obtain appropriate signed consents when soliciting from or providing information to outside sources to protect client confidentiality and rights.
For orientation, the presenter will discuss the overview to the client by describing program goals and objectives for client care, overview to the client by describing program rules and client obligations and rights, an overview to the client of program operations.
- Identify the tasks and forms necessary in the intake process.
- Discuss the forms used in the intake process.
- Explain client confidentiality requirements.
- Discuss the global criteria associated with the core functions of intake and orientation.
Jenny M. Kirwin, MSW, LCSW, LCAS, CCS completed her BA in Psychology and Human Services; Masters of Social Work Degree with a concentration in Alcohol and Drugs from the University of Buffalo, NY. She is also a Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist; and Certified Clinical Supervisor in NC. Jenny has been working as a consultant and clinical supervisor with almost 20 years in the field of mental health and substance abuse specializing in Co-Occurring Disorders. She began her career in North Carolina with the local Area Authority in Mental Health. Transitioning to the Women’s Program as a lead worker. Substance abuse quickly became her focus while obtaining LCAS and CCS with NCSAPPB. From Private Practice to DWI Programs, her background brings diverse experience to her clinical supervision services. Jenny has been married for 19 years and has 4 children, 2 dogs, 8 chickens, and a goldfish. She enjoys being outdoors with her family as well as homesteading and staying physically active.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01