Ethics and Boundaries in Clinical Supervision will review, consider and learn the guiding principles which define ethical practice for mental health supervisors of provisionally licensed professionals. Across all disciplines, ethical care and service to patients and supervisees are stressed in “best practices” discussions and decisions. Ethics and Boundaries in Clinical Supervision will offer philosophical support, Codes of Practice across disciplines, and State Statue (laws) governing ethical conduct and procedure for mental health professionals.
For all mental health disciplines, trust-building is crucial in patient and supervisee relationships and is founded on standard practices and procedures. This seminar will review basic ethical principles, define the difference between legal and ethical considerations and offer a decision-making model for supervisors to teach and use in their respective professional settings. Case studies to illustrate concepts may be included.
- Discuss the Ethical concepts and Best Practices for mental health supervisors.
- Explain the Ethical Decision-making Model.
- List the four (4) Ethical Domains.
- Give five (5) Ethical Proscriptions for best practices.
Dianne Dougherty, MS, CAGS, LCMHCS
Dianne Taylor Dougherty is an accomplished counselor, writer, and speaker based in Raleigh and Boone, NC. With a broad range of qualifications from esteemed institutions such as UNC-Greensboro, East Carolina University, Western Carolina University, and the European Graduate School in Switzerland, she has over 30 years of experience in the field of mental health. Throughout her career, she has held roles in psychiatric hospitals, Employee Assistance Programs, government agencies, college teaching, and private practice. Dianne Taylor Dougherty is also an accomplished author, having written several well-regarded works on mental health, including Treating Divorce as Trauma©(2001), Multidisciplinary Treatment for Clergy Sexual Abuse© (2005), The Creative Personal: A Guide for Mental Health Counselors to Incorporate the Expressive Arts in Therapy©(2009), and Priming the Pump: Expressive Writing for Health and Well-being© (2013). In addition to her writing, Dianne Taylor Dougherty, LCMHCS, is a Certified Dementia Specialist and Certified Critical Incident Stress Relief Trainer. She conducts seminars and training sessions for corporations and organizations on a variety of topics related to mental health, including the use of Expressive Arts in Therapy, Trauma Recovery, Ethics in Counseling, Domestic Violence, Anxiety Disorder Treatment, and Healthy Workplace Environments. She has presented nationally and internationally for esteemed organizations such as the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of North Carolina (LPCANC), LPCA of Georgia, Florida Mental Health Counselors Association (FMHCA), American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA), American Counseling Association (ACA), International Nathan Network, US Department of Defense, US Department of Labor, PESI, and in-patient treatment programs in the United States and Canada.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01