This webinar revolves around helping participants understand the roles and functions of clinical supervisors. One of the major topics to be discussed here includes understanding what clinical supervision is and what it is not. With this webinar, participants will be able to differentiate between clinical supervision and counseling. Suggestions and principles will be given to discuss ways to start successful supervision.
A lesson on how to build trust in clinical supervision will also be shared here. Participants will be given an in-depth look at ways they can build trust among their supervisees. This webinar also tackles the various characteristics efficient and effective clinical supervisors should have – and the things that prevent them from performing well in their roles. Useful methods and techniques in supervision will help participants brave through the supervision processes effectively. Other items such as ways to make supervision work, ideal kinds of supervision, and the items expected from clinical supervisors will also be given focus.
- Discuss the different roles & functions of Clinical Supervision.
- Gain awareness of the multiple modalities of Clinical Supervision.
- Promotes client welfare and the professional development of the supervisee
Janelle Cox, Ph.D, LCPC, ACS, NCC
Dr. Janelle Bettis is an Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator in the Mental Health Counseling Program at Bowie State University. She is also a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC), Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), and Board Approved Clinical Supervisor in the State of Maryland. Dr. Bettis obtained her Masters of Arts in Community Counseling and Doctorate of Education in Counselor Education and Supervision from Argosy University, Northern Virginia. Dr. Bettis has experience working with children, adolescents and adults with a myriad of diagnoses such as bipolar, depression, anxiety, ODD, ADHD. Dr. Bettis has worked in a variety of settings such as school, in home, clinic and within the community. Research interests include home-based counseling, social justice/advocacy, clinical supervision, public policy/legislation, counselors-in-training, community mental health, African American women’s issues, qualitative research methods. Dr. Bettis currently serves as Co-Chair of the Emerging Leaders Program and Webinar Committee for Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (SACES), and Committee Member of the ACA Public Policy Committee.
States that Accept NBCC Approved Courses:
|Delaware||District Of Columbia||Florida||Georgia||Hawaii||Idaho||Indiana|
|Iowa||Maine||Maryland||Missouri||New Hampshire||New Jersey||New Mexico|
|Ohio||Oregon||Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina||South Dakota||Tennessee|
- Nevada CPC’s and MFT’s accept ASWB-approved training
- North Dakota Board Of Counselor Examiners LAPC and LAPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Rhode Island Board of Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council LPC and LPCS accept ASWB approved training
- Utah Division of Professional Licensing - CMHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Washington State Department of Mental Health MHC’s accept ASWB approved training
- Wisconsin Council on Mental Health LPCS accepts ASWB-approved training
States that Accept NAADAC-Approved Courses:
|New Jersey||New Mexico||North Carolina||North Dakota||Oregon||Rhode Island||Tennessee|
Other Board Approvals:
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Connecticut Certification Board (CCB Approved): E Care BHI is recognized & approved by the Connecticut Certification Board.
- Georgia Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (ADACBGA) #19-12-17-1212.
- Florida Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Florida Certification Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (FCB) #5387-A.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC-approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC-approved provider.
- Minnesota Certification Board accepts CCAPP. E Care is an approved training provider by California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): E Care BHI is recognized by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-22-344-0424
- Oklahoma Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselors (OBLADC) #20220136.
- Ohio Addiction Counselor: E Care BHI is recognized by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board as an approved education provider for Addiction Counselor (OCDP)#50-29024
- South Carolina Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists licensing board, Provider #462
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board accepts courses from ASWB & NBCC approved providers. E Care Behavioral Health Institute is an ASWB and NBCC approved provider.
- Texas Certification Board (TCB): E Care Behavioral BHI is recognized by the Texas Certification Board. Provider Number 2041-19
- VA Mental Health Employee: E Care BHI VA COMMERCIAL VENDOR # 81-3353387-01